- Capillary type of viscometer
- Certified for installation in hazardous areas
- Customizable 2-4000 cP Sample Range (kinematic output in cSt)
- Continuous Sample Viscosity and Viscosity Index output
- Does not require atmospheric recovery system
- Remote Bath Temperature Set Point Change
- Up to 8 programmable Viscosity Points
ATEX: Ex d II B + H2 [ia II C] T3 Gb
CSA/CUS: Class I Div 1 Group C + D
- ASTM D445
- ASTM D2270
-5 up to +40°C (+23 up to +104 °F)
To remain competitive, today’s refiners must employ all optimization and product control techniques available. The use of online physical property analyzers is one of the key features to reach those objectives because they measure important quality properties in the process directly.
The viscosity index is a widely used and accepted measure of the variation in kinematic viscosity due to changes in the temperature of a petroleum product between 40°C and 100°C. A higher viscosity index indicates a smaller decrease in kinematic viscosity with increasing temperature of the product.
Given today’s highly competitive environment, oil refiners are demanding instrumentation that aids in the optimization of the refining process. Therefore, refineries require a reliable and accurate viscosity analysis system to meet the required specifications. This analysis will allow the operators to optimize the refining process and therefore lower production costs while improving product quality.
Data Sheet - Model P-950 Viscosity Index Analyzer
Application Form P-950 Viscosity Index